Monday, September 3, 2012

Rumour Has It

The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up

 
What makes someone want to do burlesque? How could you ever take that much off? Why would you ever want to do that? These are just a few of the questions that were asked of myself (and my sanity) when I first decided to join the Laramie Troupes Burlesque. Its hard to explain really. There is no feeling in the world than to step on that stadge and command the attention of every person in that room. In a world that can be totally out of control, unperdictable, and sometimes cruel, burlesque opens doors to complete control, where everyone in that crowd wants nothing more than to watch your every move to see what is coming next. More than that though, it opens doors for creativity to flow freely without feer of judgement, and the ability to begin to develop your character, your alter ego if you will. Thus Dangerously Decadent was born.
I have been asked countless times where I came up with the name Dangerously Decadent, and my answer is always the same: That is for me to know and you to find out. I am just a firm believer that everyone needs a little Danger in their lives.
So with my alter ego in tow, Danger stepped onto the stage for the first time on February 18th, 2012 in the Laramie Troups Burlesque presentation of "Love Me, Love Me Not". Armed with pearls, panties, pasties, and heals, I took the stage to perform a reverse strip; a unique style for a show in which every other act performed the traditional strip. I also had a supporting cast of fellow kittens and tom cats to help tell the story of rumours, cheating, heartbreak, and how everything is not always how it appears. Performing to Adeles "Rumour Has It", Danger made her debut and had her first taste of something almost intangible, but a feeling that she developed a craving for that she contunies to chase with every show...
 
Enjoy the show Ladies and Gentalmen!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment